Explore Northern Vietnam for only 8 days in this wonderful tour.
This itinerary is an in-depth exploration of the culture, people and landscapes of northern Vietnam. Leaving the graceful boulevards of Hanoi behind, we explore rural Mai Chau and the amazing limestone landscape of Tam Coc, by bike and by boat. We continue to Sapa and take a step back in time to visit remote hill tribe villages surrounded by rolling green hills and mountain streams overlooked by dramatic limestone karsts. The trip’s grand finale is at Halong Bay. We’ll stay overnight on a comfortable junk boat, with island visits, delicious food, swimming, sunbathing and kayaking. A perfect end to our showcase of the cultural and scenic charms of northern Vietnam!
8 days / 7 nights
Group tour, Small group, Private tour
Departure: Daily from Hanoi
Theme: Nature/Soft Adventure
Suitable: Travel with friends, Active traveler, Solo traveler
- Trek through the rolling rice terraces, waterfalls, mountains and lush green hills of Sapa and get in touch with people from ethnic minority groups .
- Cast away on a traditional junk boat and set sail through hundreds of limestone karsts that rise dramatically from the emerald waters of Halong Bay.
- Experience Mai Chau on 2 wheels, cycle around the valley; enjoy the stunning lush landscape and Thai culture by visiting the nearby villages. Get a glimpse of life in countryside in Vietnam, enjoy the peace with endless rice paddy fields and fresh air.
Day 1: Hanoi
Day 2: Hanoi – Ninh Binh – Hanoi
Day 3: Hanoi – Mai Chau
Day 4: Mai Chau – Hanoi – train to Lao Cai
Day 5: Lao Cai – Sapa – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Ta Van
Day 6: Sapa – Cat Cat – Sin Chai – Lao Cai – Hanoi
Day 7: Hanoi – Halong Bay
Day 8: Halong Bay – Hanoi
- PROGRAMS & SCHEDULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE
- In case of unpredictable bad conditions of weather in Halong Bay, please kindly understand that the cancellation will be made ONLY by the Management Board of Halong Bay and normally the announcement will be informed in short notice.
- If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
7 Breakfast, 5 Lunch, 1 Brunch, 1 Picnic Lunch, 3 Dinner
Car, Train, Cruise, Trekking
Hotel (5 nights), Communal stilt house or Valley View Bungalow in Mai Chau (1 night), Overnight on train (1 night), Cruise in Halong Bay (1 night)
- Accommodation in TWN/ DBL sharing accommodation at hotel, except overnight on train and homestay (if any)
- All transport and transfer (including airport pick up & see off), as per itinerary
- All in-tour stationed local English speaking guide.
- Overnight train ticket Hanoi – Lao Cai (4 soft berth sharing cabin with air conditon)
- Entrance fees for Vietnam attractions, as per itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the program
- Hotel EARLY check in & LATE check out
- Peak season surcharge & compulsory dinner at the hotel (if any)
- International flights to or from Vietnam with taxes
- Visa or Passport Fees
- Travel Insurance
- Tips, laundry and gratuities
- Meals not marked on itinerary, and water during meals
Cancellation by Customer
- 30% of total package price should be deposited once the booking is confirmed
- Cancellation received less than 72 hours prior arrival date or No show: full charge the deposit amount
- Cancellation received from 4 days to 14 days prior arrival date: 50% of total package tour charged
- Cancellation received from 15 days to 20 days prior arrival date: 10% of total package tour charged
- Please contact our travel consultants for more details.
For more Travel bookings, please return to our front page.